Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know .... EB Spares have just taken a small delivery of header tanks for the GTV V6.
They are expecting another larger consignment towards the end of February. the tanks are new but supplied without the cap which they can supply additionally if required. I've just got my order in so if you want one, speak to Jason or Kevin at EB Spares. .... :thumbup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
recomend getting thse they freshen up the engine bay like nothing else can and its no longer a part stocked by AR
I'll second that!
I've scoured the interweb world wide and there's no new ones to be had anywhere, these have been commissioned from the far east I think. Anyways I let you know about the quality when mine arrives ( Friday I think ).

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm in, although just spoke to Kevin and the first "test" consignment seems to be sold out. The 600 units they have arriving at the end of Feb will be slightly cheaper at £68.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Great news this.....wifey thinks I'm a right saddo :cool:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Haha, I try not to tell my Wife about this stuff - she doesnt get it either! ?

Reactions: Matt GTV

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
One for me here in South Africa too. I'll be putting my order in first thing on Monday along with a V6 inlet flexi pipe.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Dishwasher

I think that would go down even worse with the Wife!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
£68!! I think I'd rather take my tank off and stick in in the dishwasher ??
Unfortunately. . . This does not work!
I have tried!
Don't tell the wife! ! !
I tried everything . . . I couldn't get it back to its original condition!
Had one off ebay for £30 ish! ! !

·
Registered
175 Posts
I did try and clean mine yesterday but it's got a sort of baffled design so you can't really get inside it properly! Mine isn't too dirty though I might put up with it for now :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Is this specific to the V6? Looks the same as my twinny? Not that I actually want a new one just wondering?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Yes and just to be clear, same for both TS and V6, I have interchanged them.

I bought a genuine one recently, came in an Alfa Romeo box... local stock in Cambridge, NZ, alfaparts.co.nz

Before fitting one, it's always a good idea to have a few top-quality hoseclamps on hand (the main one underneath being heater hose size). The original hoseclamp is likely not to be reusable, though the small one on top is.

-Alex

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Thanks for confirming, my one is in good order so have no need to buy a new one but for those tha do this is a good, albeit slightly expensive option (if not the only option here in the UK for new)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts