Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

i'm looking for a GTV 3.0 v6 (or maybe a 2.0 TS if a good v6 is too pricey) and was wondering whether there is a post with all the stuff i should watch for. I've seen one for the GTV spider, will this apply to the coupe too?

cheers

Tom

·
Registered
333 Posts
dont want to be a stick in the mud but if the goverment have their way year 2001 and newer v6s will have costly tax hikes, goto parkers .co.uk and type in the model range and year for new tax rates for 09 and 10.on the other hand be thankfull its not a new masserrati

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome thanks

I'm hoping to find a pre-march 2001 car to get around the tax hikes

but i'm not really fussed about an extra £200 a year anyway. It wont be a daily either so mpg isnt too much of an issue

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
You should be able to get a nice pre 2001 v6 for circa £3-5k. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Good luck with the search, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with a V6. The thread mentined above is a great guide - It reads just like the recent history of mine! Radiator, oil cooler and pipes, Q2 diff and gearbox rebuid etc, etc, etc.....
Shut the door, turn the key and all that wallet pain just dissolves like Disprin!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
They are supposedly. Having said that take into account your dealing with cars now 10+ years old. Things are bound to fail eventually. Don't let it put you off.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
It only became apparent to me that some 6-speeds were giving up when mine did, darn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts