Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car was parked for an afternoon, locked and the alarm set by alarm fob (Metax??).

When unlocked via alarm fob or by door lock, the door and movement sensors are triggering the alarm. Much p**s and panic and we are in the car with the engine running no alarm or hazards flashing, red alarm light is flashing, we set off.

Two miles later alarm goes off and hazards flash, then all is well then alarm and lights are on again. This happens a few times but eventually the alarm stops and the hazards come on and off intermittently.

Stop for petrol and go thro' the whole performance again. Eventually everything calms down, except red alarm light is always flashing. Get home and disconnect battery - constant wail from alarm. Re-connect battery and after frantic pressing of alarm fob all is quiet.

Can anyone suggest what has gone wrong and what may be needed to cure it?

·
Registered
989 Posts
You've probably got one of the old meta alarms that are well known for their hissy fits and complete lack of logic. I'd be inclined to either not arm it or have a new alarm fitted if you really want one :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've found the siren and disconnected it but it's still wailing and the hazards flash constantly, so even if we rip the thing out the rest of the system is still in alarm mode.

Can anyone tell me if there is a de-activate procedure?

·
Registered
435 Posts
The car's manual mentions a key-switch under the bonnet, near the siren, and a small key with which you disarm the system. Having said that, I can find neither key nor switch on my car. Sorry if this isn't very helpful :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts