Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys anyone breaking a v6? My abs sensor has failed in the driver side so looking for a v6 replacement hub as sensor is all rotten and don't think it will come out.

Thanks Jon

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Almost impossible to get the sensors out without damaging them but if you're sure it's duff then you can drill them out. The small bolt usually snaps too. I have some twinnie uprights if they are the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't fancy drilling them out, anyone know if the v6 are the same as the ts
Hi replaced my sensor last month only use genuine part (£110) as eBay parts will only work for 6 months if at all as I was told by a reliable source,had to pilot drill and use extractor tool to remove old sensor.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoke to the garage they said much easier to just swap hub over as drilling it out can take a lot longer so still on the look out for one :)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Strange they said that. The sensors are mostly plastic with some wire and metal inside and not that difficult to remove if duff and you can butcher them. With the upright in a vice I have got them out intact but it took a while. What year is the car and is it front or rear you're after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts