Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been tempted to sell my gtv as im lookin at getin a gt, i have met black with tan leather 34k, its 99, full history, cambelt done, serviced, excellent condition, teledials alloys a rare one as it dont creak or make funny noises, mot and tax ill be askin for £5000 what do u people think shall i ask for more, im in north london if anyones interested

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
They're not going for much these days, you could probably hold out for £5,000 though, there will be someone willing to pay that for a minter that they're going to keep a long time, but I reckon the average GTV-buyer won't even consider it at £5k as you can pick up a 99 V6 for £2k on eBay, and I'm not talking about dogs either, decent cars, not perfect but definitely decent..

·
Registered
79 Posts
The 99 with 51k I went to look at the other day went for £2355 on ebay. It was virtually showroom condition (silver/red leather) and had a £2k bill from Veloces last November for everything.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
agree to a point but with only 34k on the clock with the 17's and momo, black is a good colour but £5k a bit high, me thinks throwing it in for £4500 ono and anything above £3800 would be good. they are right to a point, i've got a high mileage 1998 v6 and that cost me £4500 almost 3 years ago i'd be pushed to get £2000 for it now and its cost me £4000 since i got it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i buy cars mainly via searches finding my buisness on google,i get offered 10-30 cars a day if i bought every bargain offered id run out of cash within a week cos i am only a small concern.most late cars offered seem to be from london or the north.The point im making is, lots of people out there need to sell their valuable cars for much needed cash and dealers are not selling as normal so wont even consider a non part exchange car.The car worth 2000 even 6 months ago would be hard pushed to make 1300 without a buyer lined up!! I recon as a buyer if the government have their way with the new tax proposals hang on cos a 2001 onwards v6 will become very cheap when you find a 450 +annual car tax bill.but at present as a seller whilst a 99 v6 wont eventually be liable for the new tax rates you must aim for a real pistonhead to get that sort of money,put it in a car auctions and you would get no bids of value.i saw a scruffy 2005 alfa gt reach only £5200

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I got mine three months ago for £2600. It has leather mono, teledial 17" and belts just done. However it did require a grands worth of work for it's MOT. Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I guess you can't really compare Spider prices and GTV prices directly but for your info low mileage Spiders around the age of mine were hitting between 4.5k - 6k when I got mine. Now they are around a grand or more less a year on.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
this is depressing! I've probably spent more on mine in the last 2 years than the car is now worth!

Looks like I'll be driving it for a few years to come seeing as there's nothing left to go wrong with it! +Bonus about the tax with it being a 99 plate.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
this is depressing! I've probably spent more on mine in the last 2 years than the car is now worth!

Looks like I'll be driving it for a few years to come seeing as there's nothing left to go wrong with it! +Bonus about the tax with it being a 99 plate.
join the club estimate mine at about £2750 but in Dec 05 it cost me £4500 and since i've spent another £3500 at least not including the insurance and tax:rolleyes:

G

·
You generally get what you pay for.
If you buy cheap your likely to get something that will need a lot of work.
Better to spend a little more and find one that has had everything done.
Also look at prices on pistonheads - they are advertised higher than the figures that are floating about on here. Wonder if they are selling?

Was about to sell mine but not now its worth 50p

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
After seeing on these forums what others have spent i'm starting to consider my case as fairly average! Ok I have spent around £2000 since I got the car last July but from what I gather, it's not that much compared to some cases. but I think it's a little higher than most, and I payed a highish price for mine at £5600, the main reason I was happy when buying was the condition of the bodywork which was very good... (was at 52k miles)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I always keep my eyes on the prices, especially for Cups. There's a couple on there at £7.5k and one sold. Things aren't that bad, and people will pay what you want if you hold out for the right buyer. Don't drop your price, as that's what everyone is doing which is bringing them right down.

If you put your car out there at £5k, someone else will think "Oooh, well I can sell my car for £5k", then someone else, then someone else ad infinitum... until prices are where they should be.

G

·
What Jimmer UK said, he's spot on.

Delorean's sell for £15,000 and they are absolute dogs, it's only the fact that numpties can't get them cheaper than that so are prepared to shell out that much that they go for that much.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A little surprised about the prices listed here!!

I sold my GTV 3.0 about a month ago, she was a 2001 with 53k miles, no wear to bolsters in very good condition.

Recent cambelt/clutch/oil cooler and brakes, sold with a full service history, just serviced and 12 months MOT for £6k!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
A little surprised about the prices listed here!!

I sold my GTV 3.0 about a month ago, she was a 2001 with 53k miles, no wear to bolsters in very good condition.

Recent cambelt/clutch/oil cooler and brakes, sold with a full service history, just serviced and 12 months MOT for £6k!
Hallelujah!

Proof that really good ones are still sought after and go for a premium over eBay/unloved ones. I just hope not too many people just assume eBay prices are the be all and end all of a car's value.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was buyer a couple of months back so can offer a buyers perspective. I went out there with a handful of cash and thought 'the market is on its knees i can name my price' ... however, I found that when it came down to it, there were a lot of dogs about and all the cars that matched exactly what I wanted were the ones between 4-5k. I didnt have that much to spend so ended up getting one that needed a lot of work so my credit card could take the hit for the shortfall. Asking 4-5k for your car at the moment is like saying 'its a minter' ... anyone that knows what they are looking at will appreciate this, anyone that doesnt, well you dont want them buying your car anyway coz they no doubt wont look after it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts