Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
i am looking at removing, stripping, laquering and rebuilding the calipers on my 1998 2.0 twin spark GTV. i have got hold of the manual for the method, the laquer, and the transfers to put on when finished. all i need now is the seal kit / new pistons maybe? i have tried a search, but with no joy. does anyone out there know where i mght be able to get these parts from? also, has anyone done this before? if so, are there any perils and pitfalls i should be aware of?

many thanks,
lee

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
I'm in the process of renovating the calipers on my car, I have found the following website - Brake Parts

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for all the responses guys. stixy, i think that you have found me just what i was after! next question is which type of caliper would i have fitted? lucas or ATE?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there Lee, funnily enough I am having the same problem during my own brake rebuild. I'll try the link suggested to you, I am after seal and piston kits. If I may advise caution dude on finding the right caliper make. Mine is Bendix front and Lucas rear! You'll see the make when you clean them stamped on the inboard side. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts