Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My elderly GTV TS seems to be going through something of a crisis at the moment.

First of all, 3rd gear to 4th gear now seems to be at an offset rather than straight across the gate. It is subtle but 4th gear seems to be 5mm to the right of 3rd. It also pops out of 1st and 5th and the gear stick wobbles around a lot when in 2nd and 4th. Would I be correct in assuming that this is the rear engine mount?

The other issue is only when in reverse gear turning right onto my driveway there is a loud and rapid knocking coming from the drivers side wheel. The outer CV was replaced but did not change it in any way.

And finally. Can anyone point me to a source of exhaust rubbers that bolt to the rear subframe, specifically the narrow type. I can find the wide type no problem but my car doesn't seem to use this type. It must be the narrow style.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Sounds like the selector mechanism. The top hat bushes on the rods or the pivot mounted to the steering rack. Quite hard to see tho with the inlet manifold in the way.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spankdanny.

Interestingly everything was fine when Parked up in November, these all started after hibernation. I will check those bits out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts