Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, having sorted one issue on my GTV another has now emerged. After leaving the battery disconnected for a week the car refused to start, it turned over but the CODE light was flashing and it refused to fire. Anyway, eventually cleaned the battery terminals and all was good.
Fast forward to a week later the car cuts out while I'm driving (outside my local pub handily). I got it home and it was showing the following faults on ECUScan, I'm convinced it's still battery related and have bought a new battery earth lead. Is anyone familiar with these codes? (there were none stored before this on the ECU)

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Given that one of the codes is the crank/rpm sensor and your car cut out that's where I'd start - it s a common fault.

Usually they start to fail when the engine is hot and will allow a restart when cooled down. The other codes may simply be old ones.
Continually cranking the engine and it not starting is more than likely to have caused the "code"/key issue.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Sounds like an earthing issue to me. Check the engine earth points rather than the battery negative lead.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I think both!! Low battery voltage, check earths/battery. Crank sensor very common and cheap cause of poor starting.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll clean the engine earthing points and replace the battery earth over the weekend...Then I guess next stop would be the crank sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update, cleaned the engine earths and have just driven 16.7 miles without incident....So all solved hopefully...:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts