Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Here is tonite's stupid question...............

I've owned my 2003 GTV 2.0 JTS for 9 months or so................. Apart from the engine which is obvious ........... are there much in the way of differences between the two ???? ............ To the "stupid" eye they seem to look much the same........

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
578 Posts
As far as i know jts engines doesnt use 2 sparks per cylinder anymore and they are 165 ps, these engines are working like audi/vw fsi engines, but fsi engines aim is economy but jts engines aim is power.The power can be delivered in higher rev's like ts engines again.This is an handicap but also fun.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
going all geeky now:
the TS (or Twin Spark) is a relatively conventional 4 stroke engine with 2 spark plugs per cylinder. not entirely sure on how they fire but its supposed to give a more efficient burn with little fuel waste

the JTS (Jet Thrust Stoichiometric) only has one spark plug per cylinder but has a direct injection system in the cylinder head and does make more power than the TS. 165bhp vs 150bhp.

apparently supposed to be more economical because of the direct injection. if im wrong, somebody will put me right but thats what i believe is the main difference between the two engines

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
Isn't the JTS the series 3 with the later front?

That to me is the obvious difference. As well as the wheels.

The difference between the way the TS and JTS drive is not that great.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yea I also thought the JTS was only in phase 3 cars with the facelift etc.

As for the engines I think the JTS is meant to give better economy and more torque at lower revs, but apparently it doesn't have the same note.

G

·
0 Posts
Just the grill

Does yours have the tiny grill or the bigger 147 style grill?

if it's the small grill then they must have sneaked a few JTS engine into the phase 2's :confused:

By the way I find the JTS engine less economical than my previous Twinnies...straaaaaaaange!!!

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
I think the TS is a better engine than the JTS. It sounds better, revs more freely and in most cases its proven to be more powerful and more reliable.

Many JTS engine are far less than the quoted 165bhp.

In 2 litre form anyhow. I haven't driven a 2.2 yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts