Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the littlarrow arrived we now have a sensible 159ti saloon and an unnameable estate (it was AO members fault I bought it as no one would sell me their 159 TI Q4 SW). Anyway I struck a deal with the Mrs that I could buy a weekend car (on a tight budget) so I immediately thought of a GTV V6 (having owned 2 I have a soft spot for them!). Howver a good one is out of my budget, so i thought the next best thing would be a GTV TB, I understand a couple have changed hands on the last fee months for circa £500!

So if anyone is selling or considering selling I would be interested!

Cheers

·
Registered
550 Posts
I know that alfas are ridiculously cheap in the UK but even there a 500€ (where the hell is the pound symbol on a german keyboard :) ) car usually will be a shed or at least a car with a lot of things to fix.

You should get a GTV though. Maybe save up a little longer. If you can, get the free breathing V6. The TB is not a bad motor by any means but the sound of the 3.0 is the main thing that keeps me smiling everytime i drive it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about saving for 3.0 V6, but o have always fancied a 2.0 TB which I (Autolusso) could tinker with. Plus half the fun is finding one!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Smart choice, relatively minor modifications (pretty cheap modifications compared to a N/A engine) is doing a lot to the power output from the TB engine.

:)

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Smart choice, relatively minor modifications (pretty cheap modifications compared to a N/A engine) is doing a lot to the power output from the TB engine.

:)
Very easy to uprate the power on the TB to a reliable 235bhp. There was a limited run of 100 TBs from the factory with this specification. Gearing is perfect with the 5 speed box. With lots of low down torque and top end power the TB will run circles round the 3.0 V6 all day long:thumbs:

·
Registered
189 Posts
TB is great fun! :D

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
They come up for sale every now and then !!

There was a guy from Ireland selling a couple of TB GTVs, have a look in past Classifieds.

I'll have a look and try and find a link myself.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Yes Autodelta do a good package. When launched and reviewed in AutoItalia power was rated at 260bhp.

In the pistonheads chat below 250bhp is mentioned for the factory built Alfa Corse TB destined for the Japanese market:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1031679&mid=0&nmt=For+GTV+fans

Youtube video mentioned in the initial post showing close-ups:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KIz6sCDsiw&feature=share

1 - 15 of 15 Posts