Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know if a Fiat coupe strut brace is the same as an Alfa GTV or the cheapest I can get a strut brace for my 2.0 T.S...thanks

·
Registered
38,298 Posts
I am pretty sure the coupe 16V strut brace will fit, but the 20V ones are an odd shape as they need to clear things inside the engine compartment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a 01 2.0ts gtv which is about to go through some suspension upgrades myself, got the Koni adj suspension 30mm lowering srings a full set of powerflex bushes ready to fit would like to add a strut brace for the front so are we saying the coupe 16v 2.0 fiat brace will fit ok??

:confused:

anyone who has done this mod , would like to hear if the diferance is worth the expense even though i have bought the stuff already!

thks in anticipation
v6rpo

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have upper and lower braces on my spider, sharpened up the front end so much....

I wouldn't powerflex the front wishbones if i were you, it transmits too much through the front end, makes it too 'crashy' the standard bushes are fine for the job in hand ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the feedback jay, just to clarify you say leave the front wishbones standard Top/Bottom but "Do" change the control arms etc just "not" wishbones?
I have heard doing the Rear "complete" makes a Big diferance!

no clue on the coupe ,to brace? :p

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Does fitting a strutbrace need to be declared to the insurance company as a modification and are they likely to charge extra? I had one on my 155 and was always just a little concerned if it would invalidate my insurance in the event of an accident, or at least give the insurance company room to wriggle.

·
Registered
38,298 Posts
Does fitting a strutbrace need to be declared to the insurance company as a modification and are they likely to charge extra? I had one on my 155 and was always just a little concerned if it would invalidate my insurance in the event of an accident, or at least give the insurance company room to wriggle.
I would mention it to them, just in case. Like you say you don't want to give then chance to wriggle out of a claim.

That strutbrace on Alfisti.net is a bargain at €79 IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts