Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are GTV/Spider doors the same.

I need a passenger door for my spider and have been trying to get a pastel black one to make it easier to match in. Not easy to find.

I have possibly found a pastel black GTV breaking near me on e-bay and wondered if the doors on that would fit my spider:confused:
Both Phase 1's

Any help much appreciated:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't think they are interchangeable, at least I noticed that on my P2 spider there is an extra pin on the door frame that was not there on my P1 GTV, but not sure...? maybe this extra pin is on the P2 GTV too..?

J

·
0 Posts
i believe they are the same, there is a locator pin on the spider that is not on the GTV, but that marries up to an attachment that would have to be swapped over from the old door.

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
i believe they are the same, there is a locator pin on the spider that is not on the GTV, but that marries up to an attachment that would have to be swapped over from the old door.
Indeed they are the same, as my Spider now possesses an offside door from a GTV:lol:

And as far as Alfa Romeo are concerned, they needed to be the same, to recover as much profit as possible when producing the 916 cars. Nothing like squeezing as much as you can out of virtually nothing:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed they are the same, as my Spider now possesses an offside door from a GTV:lol:

And as far as Alfa Romeo are concerned, they needed to be the same, to recover as much profit as possible when producing the 916 cars. Nothing like squeezing as much as you can out of virtually nothing:lol: :lol:
Any window adjustment or anything else to watch for?

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
If both are Phase 1's as you say then you should be fine (the later cars had the automatic drop facility on the window, this means the pins are not the same when reconnecting the power cable). And of course the locating door pin on the Spider, but that's no problem at all. If the shades of black are very slightly different then the Turtle Wax colour polish will hide most of this:)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If both are Phase 1's as you say then you should be fine (the later cars had the automatic drop facility on the window, this means the pins are not the same when reconnecting the power cable). And of course the locating door pin on the Spider, but that's no problem at all. If the shades of black are very slightly different then the Turtle Wax colour polish will hide most of this:)
Thanks Spider.
E-mailed me back saying the door damaged:rolleyes:
Knew it would be to easy to find one in Norwich:rolleyes:

But I now know exactly what I need, cheers:thumbs:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi.i do still have a n/s door off the 98 gtv i'm breaking ,its in good condition (but it is red).If it's of use send me a text 07968350232.
thanks rod

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi.i do still have a n/s door off the 98 gtv i'm breaking ,its in good condition (but it is red).If it's of use send me a text .
thanks rod
Cheers for the offer:)

Really want to try to get away with a total respray of the door.
Got told by the Manager of Alfashop that he thought only a spider door would fit but not sure. Had little hope of that but should be able to get a GTV door, I hope.

Thanks for posting though:thumbs:

Got your Number if you want to edit it out;)
Best not leave it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts