Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

We have just acquired a 97 Spider TS that has been fitted with Seats from a GTV. The seats are fine apart from not having the seat belt guide.

Does anyone know if these can be transferred to the GTV seats and are they an MOT required part of just to stop you having to fish behind the seat for the belt ?

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Hi Steve,
The Spider seats have a plate at the top of the seat welded in to house the seat belt bracket.
I'm not sure if its an MOT failure not having this ? !!

My best bet would be to find a Set of Spider seats :thumbs:

I have a mint set of ph1 black leather chairs if interested, PM me.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,626 Posts
Or you coud do what i did and make a pair of plates that fit on the head rest poles and bend round to hold the belts :)

Sorry Andy

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Not an mot failure & you could just use a loop of fabric/shoelace/strap from the headrest to keep loosely in position.

Clive

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
What about using a toe strap, the metal leg in the head rest could hold it into position.

Personally I would just find a proper seat for the car but I'm trying to be helpful :)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Or you could do what I did, transfer all the upholstery from the GTV seats onto the Spider seats - stripping four seats and rebuilding two seats is fiddly and takes a few hours but you do get to repair/modify the foam along the way.

Result in my case was a big improvement for my phase-1 Spider, as the cloth seats were falling to bits and the GTV's leather seats were in excellent condition.

-Alex

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input. Car goes for an MOT tomorrow and depending on how that goes i'll decide how to proceed. The car is a bit of a project for the summer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts