Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello GTV owners. I'm considering to change the front seats in my 145 for the beautiful ones from GTV. Have not had a real life experience with them though. Hope you don't mind asking you few questions before buying them.

1. Do the front seats fold only or do they move towards on rails as well?
2. Do they have the position "memory"?
3. I've seen there are full leather and full fabric seats. Are there any other options?
4. Are all with side airbags, heating and electric adjustments?

Thank you for your thoughts and answers in advance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If I was changing my seats I wouldn't go for the GTV Seats.

I answer to your questions

1/They fold over to give access to the rear. They slide forward but that is a seperate function ,
2+4/ Electric seats are rare. Most of them are manual. Good luck if your trying to find electric ones.
3/ As far as I know there is only leather or fabric.

The general consensus is that the GTV seats aren't supportive enough. They don't offer much lateral support and in my opinion the headrest is no where near as close to the back of your head as it should be. I'm sure most GTV drivers will agree with me when I say that upgrading the GTV seats to a more supportive seat is on my list of things to do.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
plus the GTV seats sit very very low to the floor due to the design of the car, in a higher car like a 145 i doubt they'd work very well the driving position will be awful

·
Registered
199 Posts
IMHO they look great (phase 2 Momo Leather) but they are not all that supportive when cornering hard and you do tend to slide about a bit.

I don't know what seats you have but I would say that changing the seats in the GTV is not on my to do list, I actually like them and wouldn't want to change the look:)

No really much help then!

·
Registered
116 Posts
The general consensus is that the GTV seats aren't supportive enough. They don't offer much lateral support and in my opinion the headrest is no where near as close to the back of your head as it should be. I'm sure most GTV drivers will agree with me when I say that upgrading the GTV seats to a more supportive seat is on my list of things to do.
Oh no, not this debate again! :lol: I do agree though - the seats in the GTV look great, but aren't supportive at all (IMO!)

·
Registered
421 Posts
IMHO they look great (phase 2 Momo Leather) but they are not all that supportive when cornering hard and you do tend to slide about a bit.

I don't know what seats you have but I would say that changing the seats in the GTV is not on my to do list, I actually like them and wouldn't want to change the look:)

No really much help then!
Im not saying i dont like the way they look, but like you said when cornering hard they don't provide much lateral support. I wouldn't spend this money on seats but if cost wasn't an issue i'd have these Alfaholics 916 GTV Sports Leather Seats | Classic Alfa Romeo spare parts and accessories

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. However £1395 per seat is a bit over my budget:).

Look I was comparing current seats as on the picture with GTV ones. And GTV looks to be much better in that respect. I also would like to sit a bit lower so thought GTV might work just well. They're now being sold for 100 EUR for pair. Was only not sure about the above mentioned facts.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6866/23012012225.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
I thought about this on my 145 too, but had planned to use the 145 subframes as even though I'm 6ft4, i think i'd have problems seeing out of the car :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts