Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys have a knackered drivers seat as I am missing the cable that connects the tilt. Will see if it's a dealer part but doesn't look that hard to do...also the seat is missing a pretensioner if anyone can help
Thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corky, I have a spare passenger seat from a p1 if thats any good?
Hi, I am not sure if they are sided, I suppose it would be fine and very appreciated
I guess I will keep an eye out for a drivers side buckle/tensioner as I am sure that will be
Cheers

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
anyone have any experience in fitting the seat tilt cable, Mine is broken / detached just wondered how easy it is

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone have any experience in fitting the seat tilt cable, Mine is broken / detached just wondered how easy it is
I had a look at this last night. 3 screws at the lever end (2 hidden) . The cable will pass through the seat with the aid of a straight hard guide rod like electricians use and will hook on to both ends
Looks fairly straight forward. The hardest bit being snagged through the seat

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Mine came loose a while back ( most likely the result of some ham fisted ape in the bodyshop! ). What happened was that the end at the lever mechanism had straightened out. I reformed the end to the correct shape and it worked fine.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Any of you guys have a knackered drivers seat as I am missing the cable that connects the tilt.
Just for my interest - is this cable for the recline lever on the right side?

Sorry for being pedantic, but if any GTV seats have the capability of tilting the seat base (as other models do), that would be nice to have. Maybe the electric seats have that capability and I suppose a dream would be to find some 'blue style' electric seats to upgrade my GTV.

-Alex

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just for my interest - is this cable for the recline lever on the right side?

Sorry for being pedantic, but if any GTV seats have the capability of tilting the seat base (as other models do), that would be nice to have. Maybe the electric seats have that capability and I suppose a dream would be to find some 'blue style' electric seats to upgrade my GTV.

-Alex
Hi Alex , I am refering to the seat tilting forward, the cable simply is bizarrely missing
Cheers

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Hi Alex , I am refering to the seat tilting forward, the cable simply is bizarrely missing
Cheers
Ah right - the lever on the side of the backrest that allows it to flip forward, for access to the "rear seat" (padded luggage compartment).

I recently fitted a new cable to a Multipla seat (handle on the front of the seat base). The new cable was available as a spare part, I was surprised. To get the cable threaded through, I found it helpful to release the tucked-in plastic edging from around the steel seat pan. Not too tricky on that but on the GTV... Hmmmm... The backrest cover will have to be slid off. I once swapped the covering from one seat to another and as I recall, the head restraint comes off if the two posts are twisted by 90 degrees.

-Alex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts