·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Worrying i have never seen them rust to that degree before

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...the MOT sheet is frightening, I'll get a copy as its quite a good guide to where they seem to go! Tester wasn't happy with him driving it out of the garage, and he does around 1000 miles a month in it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Weirdly,i saw one on ebay a couple of days ago that is poss worse than that. I thought what an odd place to go,not seen that before.....................

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
:paranoid:Bloody H3ll, where do you live?

Salt Street, Salt Town on Sea

Iv'e never seen anything like it…. Thats awful. Can you get it fixed??

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Weirdly,i saw one on ebay a couple of days ago that is poss worse than that. I thought what an odd place to go,not seen that before.....................
I went to see that one cos it was just up the road. You would never have guessed from the body and paint on the outside. It looked very smart. Unfortunately its down to the woeful fiat quality control. Many cars couldn't have been protected properly and if subsequent owners didn't take remedial action then this happens. Mine was getting bad in places but hopefully I have caught it in time.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Wow......that's pretty shocking! Thank goodness I live in a much more arid climate and don't have to worry so much about rust.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Does anyone know of any built quality difference in the earlier GTV's built in Arese...than the post 2000 cars built in Turin??

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I don't believe it's a quality issue. Look at the state of it. How could it not have been spotted before?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
How can it not be a build quality issue. Its only a 14 year old car. The one I saw was a year newer and even worse. It could be the pininfarina built cars were less well undersealed than the Alfa built ones.

EBay item no.131522341579

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Ahh cool. Thanks for that. Mines a 2001. I'm rebuilding front suspension at the moment. My turrets are solid!
Feel bad for the guy. It's gutting

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Mine were pretty good too, just a few scabs of surface rust. Not bad considering its probably been through a few winters cos its done 174 000 miles. Might be worth taking off the wheel arch liners while your under there. I found small rust holes in 3 of my arches.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts