Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Well just for you. I've been out and measured mine. The top being slightly wider than the bottom, and the middle being slightly longer than the sides.

At its widest and highest, I make it 127cm X 9cm... Give or take an inch..:mygrin1:

Hope that helps ya..:thumbs:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I prefer red lights on the rossos' but looks good still. SHow does it affect the indicators and reverse lights? Have you had to put green bulbs in? Ever get pulled by the rozzas?

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
That Lamin-X stuff is a bit on the expensive side..???:wow:

The kit I got will do 2 applications as well. So if you get it wrong the first go...:lol:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Never been pulled... The lights shine through it, perfectly. Its not "solid", its sort of a "honeycomb mesh"
Passes the NCT over here, and they are a bit more particular than the MOT...:mygrin1:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Black 1... I had Black 2 on the 166. There's not a huge difference between them.

It took about 20 mins to do the Spider. 10 of those with the wife's hair-drier (wait till she goes out though..!)
Looks really good, and its very easy to put it on. You can make as many mistakes as you want, and just unpeel it and start again.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just ordered it, cheap. If its shite i'll just peel it off. Nice one.

Cant wait to get my motor back. Before christmas I was changing a headlight bulb outside of Halfords on a retail park. It was 6:35pm and the car park was fairly empty. I wasn getting the car MOT'd the next morning and noticed i needed to fix the bulb. I parked up under the halfords signage for extra light popped the bonnet up and left my drivers door open slightly so i could flick the ignition on when the bulb was changed. I heard a scrape and some dozy woman in a hyundai jeep had turned into the space next to me (even though there wer several hundred other empty spaces) and scraped the edge of my drivers door.

Her insurance company admitted she was at fault and the car went into a garage organised by them on December 15th. I still havaent got it back. Should be back in a day or so. Theyve fixed the inside drivers door handle (the cable was loose) taken the parking dinks out of the door, resprayed the door and polished the front wing, roof anbd rear quarter panel to blend in. Re-alligned the door and adjusted the window so it seals perfectly :cool::thumbs: Cant wait till its back i'm sick of driving the Vauxhall Insignia ive had for a month now.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Well, I won't say it, but women drivers...:rolleyes:

You should have clobbered her insurance co for a hire car as well..!!

A month to fix a door though..? I guess you'll not be going back to that garage, to get any more work done by them..:lol:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah the car is a courtesy car from her insurance. Its a brand new Vauxhall Insignia vr SRI, but only the 1.8. Comfortable enough but a bit slow for my liking.

The garage is all through her insurance and the christmas break didnt help. They have done extra work though in fitting a new handle cable, correcting the electric window switches (whoever took the door card off before refitted them back to front so the drivers window button did the passenger window and vice versa) aswell as the re-spray, dent removal and window adjustment.

Just want it back now!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts