Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me, is the standard (Clarion) equipment in 1999 GTV V6 an ISO standard fitting? I want to install a hands-free phone, but don't fancy pulling it apart if it's not compatible.
Also, anyone know of any issues installing a handsfree kit? (going to use Nokia CK-100 which uses the car's spreakers).

Many thanks!

·
Registered
871 Posts
do you mean does it have the std iso plugs at the back, one for the power 4-5 pin and one for the speaks 8 pin,

what kind of wires does it have that needs to go into the stereo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you mean does it have the std iso plugs at the back, one for the power 4-5 pin and one for the speaks 8 pin,

what kind of wires does it have that needs to go into the stereo
don't know what wiring the handsfree kit has (haven't bought it yet). I assume it has a "standard" ISO connector, and is meant to just plug in so the audio goes to car speakers, and radio mutes when making a call.

I know for some cars you have to get an additional adaptor kit because they don't have a standard ISO fitting. That's what I need to know- can I connect a standard ISO connection without having to get a model-specific adaptor?

(hope that makes sense!)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi,

In all honesty if you are going to put in a handsfree i would replace the Clarion unit with a decent bluetooth enabled one. The Clarion is unfortunately rubbish as are the original speakers. It just a shame that the facia used is a curved one!:cry:

Cheers Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts