·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
It's always worth a punt! :D

But it looks to be a major undertaking.. £1400 and then you still need to spend the same amount again to finish it.. That's before you begin to address the cosmetics.

I hope someone will buy it, to save the beast from an early grave.. but it needs to be a lot cheaper, really.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I wouldn't pay £1400 on it that's for sure. It does need to be a lot cheaper, as resale you'd not make your money back as the new engine would put people off.

It's probably worth more as parts, but I'd hate to see it stripped and sold off in bits.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
GTVs don't make good project cars as the parts and many jobs on them are so pricey. They have to be free to make them worthwhile from a cash-perspective, otherwise you may as well just buy a normal, fully-working one.

·
Registered
484 Posts
if u look around u can get a decent v6 for about 2k anyway. thats what i paid for mine and it wasnt needing anythin urgently done. its mot was about 150 last week and iv spent a few hundred quid on upgrades eg brakes. as said u would need to spend at least that again on that one. not worth it in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts