Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,there has been a few threads on here recently about various exhaust systems, well i just had a powerflow stainless steel exhaust fitted to my 2.0 ts gtv, really impressed with it, car feels smoother to drive and also feels a bit perkier! :D and sounds just a little bit deeper in tone, but otherwise not far off a standard sounding exhaust, although you can have it as loud or as quiet as you want, just wish i had gone for a twin exit now! :thumbs:
gaz.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Gaz,

If you don't mind me asking..........How many "beer vouchers" did it set you back ???

Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi rizla, it was £360 fitted, but they also did me a bit of a favour as my precat flexypipe was shot to bits, cheapest they could get this part was £850!!!! :eek: in the end they spliced and welded it with a bit of flexy stainless for an extra ton, a right pig of a job apparently, but cant fault them as they saved me a small fortune!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Guys. I had my Powerflow fitted just over a year ago and it was the best £300.00 I have spent. The guys who fitted it were spot on and gave me some Powerflex Bushes he had lying around. Would recommend a Powerflow to anyone.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
guy's

i used custom exhausts in cardiff, and had a full stainless cat back sports system fitted. he replace the 90 degree centre box with a much smaller (about the same as the tail box) 45 degree box. he then fitted an identical box as it would have been originally just behind the tail trim, he used existing stainless pip i had on it for this section but replaced the twin round with single oval at my request as it was causing some vibration.

result is a bit boomy but has settled well and the car is much more revvy. Sounds great in tunnels.

All this work cost me £180. does noticeably use more fuel now though!!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I was very lucky with my exhaust. I bought the Alfaholics cat back system.It is very expensive (£633 inc vat) but so well made and totally de-restricted. I then let them have my car for a week so they could develope the rest of the system for the Euro 3 engine. For that they made and fitted the rest of the system for me for free:cool: .The exhaust is now fully stainless with the pre-cats removed and a sport main cat.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
lucky man. saw that system on displys a few years back at NAD. was tempted last year but money became tight especially after the essential repairs that jumped on me since.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Alfie did get a good deal, this must have been the motor (SE2) 2001 Alfaholics were using for the prototype system development as mine was fitted in July - full fresh off the crate system for £1050 + VAT - looked at the powerflow and welding though wouldn't have lasted and want to keep my car for a few years to come - if your cats and flanges are rusted this is the cheapest/best option longterm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts