Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I have finally finished putting together the diagnostic system for the Phase 1 GTV airbag ECU, and today it booted up really nice.
My car is a 1997 GTV 2.0TS.
ECU Model: 60625181

Here what the diagnostics looked like.
I pressed Y when the program asked for Clear fault codes however, the fault codes did not go away, plus the dashboard light stayed on after reinstalling to car.
Anyone here knows what is the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2nd screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Says you have a lamp circuit error. Did your test bulb stay off after clearing error. If connected correctly you may have an internal ECU fault. Just for your info, you can now use MES software on this ECU directly in the car. You still have to cut the L-line (blue/white wire)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Says you have a lamp circuit error. Did your test bulb stay off after clearing error. If connected correctly you may have an internal ECU fault. Just for your info, you can now use MES software on this ECU directly in the car. You still have to cut the L-line (blue/white wire)
I have connected first a LED bulb. That was staying on and blinking the same time.
I removed it, than connected a 2,7W bulb to the circuit. It was blinking.
After clearing fault code, the bulb was still blinking, and by restarting the program, the fault code was still there with the blinking light. Wiring looks as following on the 3 pin 2 crock connector: PIN1 / PLASTIC DISTANCE HOLDER / PIN2 PIN3. Ground (negative) goes to second PIN2. Also negative crock clip connected to negative and positive crock clip to positive battery and K-Line goes to PIN3.
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Can't remember the pin connection off hand but if you've followed the guide on here correctly and no pins are shorting then sounds like a ECU fault and need another one.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Used it the other day and works a treat. Still have to cut the L-line line tho. The blue/white wire on the fly lead from the ECU, but you probably know that already.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used it the other day and works a treat. Still have to cut the L-line line tho. The blue/white wire on the fly lead from the ECU, but you probably know that already.
Any place to acquire 3.1 registered? :D

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
I don't/ didn't know, ill have to use the search function. Is it a recent thread and is it in the 916 forum Dan? Sorrry for all the questions.:)

........unless its the Redtop from years back on the TRW2scan thread?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Only on the airbag ECU obviously. Works as is on main ECU although I still couldn't get it to do any tests on the ABS ECU. Probably been over a year that it has worked on the 181 ECU

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have connected first a LED bulb. That was staying on and blinking the same time.
I removed it, than connected a 2,7W bulb to the circuit. It was blinking.
After clearing fault code, the bulb was still blinking, and by restarting the program, the fault code was still there with the blinking light. Wiring looks as following on the 3 pin 2 crock connector: PIN1 / PLASTIC DISTANCE HOLDER / PIN2 PIN3. Ground (negative) goes to second PIN2. Also negative crock clip connected to negative and positive crock clip to positive battery and K-Line goes to PIN3.
Am I missing something?
Maybe the failure lies with the 2,7W lamp? Does the ECU check for the correct resistance of the lamp or what? (obviously my dashboard led was removed and a smaller was installed in place of it, due to fear of failing MOT and broken pin on demounted led). Dashboard led is constantly ON, while dismounted ECU with the 2,7W bulb is blinking. Maybe I am overthinking...
Oh and yes, I followed Redtops guide :S

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way. I have had the car at a technician who used the original Fiatscanner to delete fault codes. It was succesful and warning light did go away after that for about 100km (due to loose tensioner connection it came back) so conclusion: I think that the ECU is operational, but this Lamp circuit failure is a mistery for me...
I think I will try to modify ground and control lamp wires. Maybe the ECU is too sensitive or whatever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts