Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I have just bought a 2001 Gtv 3.0l 24 Valve Partial serv history i always wanted a busso:inlove:.

The car needs some work but nothing major(i hope from what i could see)

169,000kms So i need to do cambelt as the service books say cambelt was done at 110kms
need to fix front bumper couple of scratches and dipping(hopefully easy fix),maybe just put on fresh badges all round to lift it up and maybe a lil stone chip spray work needed.

but she sounds sweet,no smoke from the twin tailpipes(which look and sound aftermarket),alot of ppl say these motors are bombproof i truly hope so, as this is my 1st
v6 any advice will be apreciated what to look out for what to change etc....

also my Gtv 2.0Ts is on the market but i am def not in a hurry to sell her.:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thanks msv but as i said she needs a lil work maybe im a sucker for punishment but when i popped the hood i said DEAL!! and then ther was no turning back LOL! need to sort out before the next run :)

P

·
0 Posts
Well done jzee, remember you telling me at the last Alfa run that you wanted a Busso..

So since we last saw one another we both got Busso's.

Fitting the new badge on the GTA was a ******!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yip i wanted frosts 75 but i was snoozin so i lost out then i found this beast plus its black just like your Gta (funny thing i also was interested in buying your gta when it still was on the gumtree) :) now i must just sort out the few things i mean i could live with them but i want my v6 to be clean like the ts or better i hope i dont struggle fitting the badges didnt have a prob on the TS.

but fok this busso sounds i kno why ppl are so addicted to them.... after i sort it bumper to bumper i cant wait to open up the taps on it lol!

So Perreby whens the next run????

P.S any good panelbeaters out ther who can do my new Gtv a blow over and some cosmetic fixes? (Black Car small scratches) and front bumper dippin tooo much..will appreciate any info thanks

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
is this the black one for R69k???? Just asking coz if its not let me know asap

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
The front bumper is easy: Between the bumper and headlight (with the bonnet open) there is an adjuster that you can see through the adjusting hole. First turn out the 16mm allen head bolt, then using a 10mm allen key socket and extension on your ratchet, turn the bottom bolt "tight". It will have the effect lifting the bumper bracket, thereby lifting the bumper. When done, replace the 16mm bolt. This just "centers" the bumper. It may be a good idea to spray the bolts liberally with Q20 or something. :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
no man post pics now as she is, so that when you sorted her we can compliment you even more as we've seen the before and after pics

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi just a quick update got the car back from turbonutters put on a set of wheels
had a wash,shine and good polish!

what it still needs new badges front and rear(resist the urge to qoute bad boys...."Badges??? you want Badges i sell you sum...!"

Bonnet lifts

Spray front bumper and side skirt (scratches)

Front Left Fog

Rear parcel shelf brake light

when i have sum moolah i want to change clutch to gta and balance flywheel oh and sum powerbrake discs....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 60 Posts