Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTV has a little paint bubling in a bit of a tricky place.

What's the best course of action here? Is it possible to fix without removing the rear screen? As far as I understand that is a big job that requires a lot of the interior stripped and the glass will not be re-usable, can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, had exactly that 6 or 7 years back on my previous GTV. Took it to a bodyshop (Harris Coachworks near Autolusso did a nice job). Yes, the strip down was comprehensive but they did reuse the screen. I recall it was a grand or so.

Once they'd prepped it, there was a dirty great hole to fill under the seal. From what they could see, the rear screen had been replaced at some time and the ham-fisted guy had put a massive gouge in the body while removing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whole roof respray. I seem to remember they were nervous about taking the rear screen out and I'd have been paying if it broke.

They took photos as the job progressed and the thing that surprised me was the amount of damage to the metal around the rear screen considering it looked pretty much like yours on the surface.

Can't see from the photo, but if the bubbling goes down below the seal, I'd say it looked exactly like mine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it does, just slightly but it does. I'm a little worried about this for the exact reasons you mention. Thanks for your help.

Plus, I don't know if a new glass is available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts