Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Bit of a problem with my gtv 3 litre v6, she keeps over heating. Had new water pump fitted new sensors the lot, was fine but has started over heating again, whilst pissing water/coolant out of the reservoir cap, fans kick in once or twice then stop and temperature continues to rise, then pisses lots of water/coolant out of the reservoir cap again. So fitted a new cap, but still doing the same. Anyone have any ideas why? I'm at a loss with it now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does it have a thermostat? (oldschool) :rolleyes: I would think the sensors only for the computer not for the regulation.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There could be a build up of pressure with the cooling system, reason why coolant pissing out of cap. Worst case scenario a blown head gasket, exhaust gases escaping into coolant pathway. Get a sniffer test done on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Srry got to leave, bubbles,foam or smell. That usually covers it, check around the head of the engine, is it "dirty"? And if, where is it coming from?Cya :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
If the fans stop working maybe the relay? Unplug the coolant temp sensor and see if they stay on then check to see if car overheats still.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts