Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do everyone, serious question from me for a change.

i have a 2001 GTV 2.0TS at the mo, i was thinking of changing it soon for a V6 GTV as i have out-grown the performance capabilities of a TS.

however, as much as i think the GTV is one sexy little sports coupe, i have been to view a 156GTA today, mainly cos i was bored and its near to me.

what a beast that car is! (as im sure you will all be aware) its good looking, beefy, obviously quick and more practical. plus it has the big arch spoiler on the bootlid which im not sure what you will think but i like it.

now i know these are 2 very different cars but il be damned if i can make this decision as i have no idea which one stands out the most. please could anyone who reads this and has found themselves in a similar predicament argue the case for/against either car as i really have no idea. the only thing separating the 2 so far is on the 156s case, i think i like the idea of something bigger and practical. mainly for a stereo system and golf club carrying capabilities. but then i think, jeez my GTV is good looking, if only it went as fast as it looks.

one last thing guys and girls, i know you can pick up GTV V6s for less than £5K but this 156GTA is only up at £7775. cheap, i think you will find.

please help me :cry:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
obviously, if funds allowed id get both!

im really torn so im hoping this gets to be quite a busy thread

cheers for the input BF and pete, appreciated :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I'm with The Foot on this one.

If you go for the GTV it's essentially the same car, and might not live up to your expectations. However, the 156 is a different animal, and therefore not a direct comparison.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
if you don't have to have the practical side, go for the V6 GTV, it looks miles better and performs much the same.

+ you can likely get a mint 2000 model for £5k and save on the taxes

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Jesus christ, why does everyone want one after I've sold it! :eek:

Mate, get a GTA. It's simply an amazing car.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Joe, do you think it's just one big wind up??? ;)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The GTV handles and looks (IMO) better but that's it. The GTA is soooo much fun it's looney. Now a 3.2 GTV could be a different animal to compare against but I haven't tried one yet so reserve judgement. Oh, and you can fit the shopping and passengers in a GTA!

E

·
0 Posts
I would say GTA, purely from the fact it is a new car design wise and generally better screwed together (flame suit now on to protect from GTV owners)

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
GTA

The GTV is a great car but the 156 has a later generation of chassis as well as being more practical and slightly faster.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
As much as I love the GTV I would go GTA. Totally awesome car especially with Q2 and FSDs, virtually a four-door Ferrari.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts