Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Rear tea tray...sorry....'spoiler' has been retro fitted. Given that the ad says 'unmolested'. Original aerokit cars have a different back window without 3rd brake light.

Seems a bit steep, but I guess dealers are always going to try it on.

·
Registered
484 Posts
insurance group 16? thought the v6 was 19 or 20? well overpriced by the way. if ur going to spend that much find an extra 500 and buy cup 47!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rear tea tray...sorry....'spoiler' has been retro fitted. Given that the ad says 'unmolested'. Original aerokit cars have a different back window without 3rd brake light.

Seems a bit steep, but I guess dealers are always going to try it on.
So I see, there's a 3rd brake light in the window as well as on the spoiler - I assume if it was original fit the 3rd light would have been on one or the other.

That's the trouble with these, so many subtle variants!

Cheers,

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
insurance group 16? thought the v6 was 19 or 20? well overpriced by the way. if ur going to spend that much find an extra 500 and buy cup 47!
Yeah, if you click on the technical specs from the ad it brings up the specs for the 2.0 TS, assume there's been a ****-up somewhere!

Wouldn't dream of paying that sticker price - even I can tell they're trying it on! I'm just trying to get a feel for what would be a reasonable price..

·
Registered
458 Posts
Well as an indication for you, I bought an X reg 2001, with 80K on it for around £3300 (last month). It had £7k of previous owners receipts, I could probably have hung around and got one a bit cheaper but this came up, and I don't get too hung up on mileage now, find the overall condition is a better indicator!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
That car looks sweet, but I do love black GTVs! :thumbs:

If my car was for sale I wouldn't be looking for much less than he's asking, and if it is immaculate I reckon it will go for £5k plus.

The spoiler has been retro fitted, but only an expert would know that, and as the spoiler is OE it can still be classed as unmolested.

EDIT: Don't think I've seen such faded calipers though, calling them 'pink' would be doing them a favour as they're closer to white!

J

·
0 Posts
Rusty rear tailpipe and it would indicate that it has been replaced at some point

the rear spoiler would in some eyes be an asset, personally if i was looking at it then i would prefer it with the spoiler.

No pictures of the interior, yes, but maybe they wanted to show the outside...

still overpriced though

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys,

Thanks for all your replies - some useful comments and good to get a 2nd pair of eyes (I'd not spotted the rusty tailpipe or faded callipers).

I've only recently decided to opt for a GTV as my next car (want to own a V6 for a while there's still some petrol left!) so only really having a general look and doing some research at the moment.

Realsitically I'll probably wait until early next year when I should have another years NCB (touch wood). However I might go and have a look tomorrow (with my wallet left at home) just to have a look round and a sit.

Thanks again,

djm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts