Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
The guy appears to be a clown, first off he had taken it in as a part exchange, then he was breaking it, now it is his wifes old car and the price rises and falls daily, I found that if I asked a question about the car the price would rise shortly after. Basically I think he has scared off most of the serious buyers mate.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
You see quite a few people who push their prices around all the time. It's in Scotland which must have an impact.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
A mate of mine deals in VW T4 and T5 campers. One he sold early this year has been on and off ebay and autotrader etc by the same seller. As in this case the price is cheap and yoyos up and down between ads. It makes you wonder what is going on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seen it avertised in Scotland too. Then seen it in Cardiff, I asume someone bought it went to Scotland and change his mind. I could be wrong ...

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Its a truely 'Bear Market' and i have to say if you have cash in your pocket you can have some serious bargins. I reckon the seller is desperate to sell but as we all know ebay is a 'Shark Pool' and 95% of car sellers bid against their own products, you need to study it to see what is actually selling ie: Watch it for a couple of months so that you can see if feedback is left those are the true arbitrage rate for cars, infact its best to study the car sellers feedback to see what the true value is in my honest opinion.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This may not be the case but i was recently nearly conned by a guy selling a mini cooper for 3grand! He advertised on eBay just like this guy with the Alfa, Quite a bit of to and from messaging happened,mostly about general details of the car,owners history etc,even pics outside his house!! Then when i got a reply about finalising the deal he asked me if i wanted it delivered. I said yes and how much upon which he said it was included in the price! Then he said he wanted it paid for in advance via Paypal (this is when i started doubting it), he said it would safe guard the deal etc and it was safer. I didn't pay him anything or give any details as this was enough for me but i did google it and apparently they send out fake Paypal and ebay links so when you pay for it that is the last you see or hear of your cash. I have always seen Ebay scams and they are easy to spot,stupid spelling mistakes,too pushy etc but this one was the most believable and i think would catch the most aware out. It could be what is going on with this guy.... Never know!!!

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Look at the sellers feedback.......it looks like he sold the car in 02/07/11.......number plate blanked out and different wheels but he does state that wheels shown would not be on the car......Same car in the background
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220804780880

*just read feedback again....the winning bider didn't buy it but said seller was a nice fella*

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Its a truely 'Bear Market' and i have to say if you have cash in your pocket you can have some serious bargins.
I have to agree with that from what I've seen, the local car place been open since the 1980s is gone and some recent experience I have of selling it's no where as easy as it was.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
:)

I knew what car that was before even clicking on the ebay link.

Hey, at least it's got some new photos. Perhaps the fee for the photographer has had to be considered in the revised price.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if i remember rightly,isn't the P3 front end really expensive and rare? couldn't he get nearly his asking price just for those parts?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts