Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:I am trying to get my 1997 phase one back up to scratch, it was running fine apart from tyickover wich was at about 1500 rpm (way to fast) A friend of mine very kindly looked and swapped two connections over which are colour coded One connector Blue and the other One white Both 3 pin multi plug, When i noticed what he had done i switched them back (they were correct in the first place) since then the car will not start, I have Fuel in the tank, Today i removed aplug lead and plug then turned the engine over but there was no spark. (i think one of the connectors t(blue) goes to the cashaft sensor and the white one is the anti knock sensor so if these have been crossed what happens Help.:cry:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
"so if these have been crossed what happens Help"

it go boom :D

Well Was your battery disconnected when u crossed the wires?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No there is a rule of thumb here don't get friends to help, I managed to sort it out this afternoon went through all fuses and relays under the bonnet by the bulkhead, hey presto she fired up. just need to sort out the idel adjustment now.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
No there is a rule of thumb here don't get friends to help, I managed to sort it out this afternoon went through all fuses and relays under the bonnet by the bulkhead, hey presto she fired up. just need to sort out the idel adjustment now.
well, don't hold me to this. But isn't it all electric ? meaning u need to like holding the key in mar for 90 secs ect like u have to do with the 156 ?

mine was idling high i reset it and it was fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts