Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I finally got round to cleaning out my new GTV and had a go at removing the rear seats. I've had a look but apart from a single nut holding the bases to the chassis I'm pretty much lost. Has anyone removed the bases and the backs and, if so, how did you do this? Do you have to get to the seat backs from the boot?

Secondly, does anyone know where to get hold of a complete GTV 3.0L service manual? Print or CD is good.

Lastly, my driver's wiper appears to lift above 60 mile/h so I'm wondering if the spoiler on the wiper itself is fitted the right way round. Looking at it from the front of the car, mine is fitted behind the wiper arm, it just doesn't look right! Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,
Taz.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Undo the two bolts at the front, pull the squab(proper name) forward and up at the same time. It takes a lot of force but that's the way. Backs are not released from the boot! Again there is a fastener to remove and then they are lifted up, headrests stay put. :p

Manual for the 3.0L is available as part of the complete set, I bought mine at the AROC national day last year, £90 new.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the heads-up.

I did give the base a good tug but didn't want to push my luck.. after all they look pretty expensive if I were to damage one!

Just to double check, there is only one nut per seat, right?

What about the seat back, where is/are the fastener(s) securing this to the chassis?

About the manual, was this a genuine AR item or one of those infamous Mercian Manuals examples?

Thanks,
T.

·
Registered
629 Posts
be carefull when pulling up on the squab that you don't snap off the piece of plastic (at the back in the middle) that the seat belts come through. i speak from experience.

their is also a metal prong which each "cushion" is pushed over at the back, which helps hold the seat in place.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
earthman said:
be carefull when pulling up on the squab that you don't snap off the piece of plastic (at the back in the middle) that the seat belts come through. i speak from experience.

their is also a metal prong which each "cushion" is pushed over at the back, which helps hold the seat in place.
Also:
The backs are held by a bolt each under the lower edge, once removed the back lifts off a tab. Squab is one piece (if you're careful!) but one bolt on each side.

What are the Mercian manuals? Mine is a copy of the genuine article.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Mercian Manuals are the chaps who photocopy the manuals and then sells them on at an exhorbitant price. I am pretty sure that just by photocopying these things and selling them on they're breaking all sorts of copyright laws!

Few years back I bought what was allegedly supposed to be a complete 155 set as I was interested in taking apart my TSpark 16V engine but it did not have the 16V engine section!!! After a number of calls to say to the guy that what I needed was not there, he insisted in saying that it was complete and therefore I was not entitled to a refund.

What a jerk!!! Stay away from these guys!!!

T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts