Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to still buy this system?

I only have one very tired key fob and found the control box while fitting my stereo. Looks like if i could buy a new control unit i could simply unplug the old unit, plug in the new unit and away we go!

Hey presto, a new alarm and two new fobs!

Many thanks for any replys.

W

·
0 Posts
We bought a fob from the company above, original gear by the looks of it.

wrinx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently this is now discontinued..........

If you have the same problem as myself, without the 16 Digit keycode the control unit would have to be sent back to italy to be reprogrammed. A 6 week turnaround and £200!!!

Looks like i will be getting a new alarm installed before i get caught out!

Any recommendations out there?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
If its just a worn button you've got, can't you get some rubber glue and simply glue on a new piece of rubber?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Gary,

The fob is well worn out and i only have one which is my biggest worry....if i loose it, i am buggered!!!!

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Both mine are worn, particularly as my wife has been using my car whilst her's is repaired (I think she's been using her nails). I was going to give the glue idea a go, so I'll let you know how I get on :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
That;s good news, as I've got mine...I think :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just had problems with my key fob on gtv ,1 of them stopped working.After looking on abaucus web site I've found out my alarm is the M999T meta.I'ts a self program system.I followed there instructions on website to reprogram both fobs and now they work.:) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
"hi,

this guy sells spare cases as i bought two for my gtv meta alarm (and rubber button is included even though its not shown in the pics) cost about £10 each

http://www.adrian-wilson.co.uk/meta%20car%20alarms.html"

Cheers for that... my alarm forb is a bit worn and I was looking for a replacement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts