Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I've had rear end poly-bushed at last and stuck new springs and shocks on etc... but neglected to replace the droplinks... now I've got a lovely looking rear-end (oo-er).. with some crusty old droplinks!... are these a pain to replace?.. I know it's usual to have lazer align after the back end has been refurbed, this has been done, so I don't really wanna upset the geometry if poss...
Am I asking for trouble?

Chiz

MC

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You wont upset the geometry by simply replacing the droplinks. However if you have the ones with a hex cut out in the thread then you may find you'll need to cut the droplinks to aid removal. The hex ends can rust and subsequently round off when you try work on them. I've never had the issue though. If this has happened you'll need to cut the links, then you can hold each ball joint steady with mole grips whilst you undo the nut.
After saying all of that you may find you have flats on the end of the threads which wont give you this problem.

EDIT: Having looked more closely at your picture you do have the hex end threads, but they look quite clean so just make sure you remove any muck etc from the recess and be sure that you use the correct size hex bit/allen key....I 'think' it's a 6 mm from memory but test first for a good fit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers... I'll make it my next job!
Couldn't help but notice the vast difference in prices for drop links on line ...as little as £7 each ...up to £30 a pair ..is there a preferred make I should look for?

TIA

Mike

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mike I have a spare pair of drop links that came with a new anti roll bar, I didn't notice that they were included !
I bought a pair for the rear refurb so now I have a spare set if you want them, I think they are Oem as they came from parts world which are genuine Alfa parts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike I have a spare pair of drop links that came with a new anti roll bar, I didn't notice that they were included !
I bought a pair for the rear refurb so now I have a spare set if you want them, I think they are Oem as they came from parts world which are genuine Alfa parts.
yes!...that would be great if they're same as mine?

:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts