Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car in to my local garage this morning for some work.
Seemed like a pretty long list of things to look at once I had told them everything

1) Service is due. (Thankfully not cam belts!)
2) Temp running very low when on the move (sitting below the 50 mark!) I think thermostat
3) Engine management light reporting error code P0115
4) Washers are only squirting a mere dribble
5) Rear brake discs pitted and pads worn
6) Advisory on handbrake at MOT
7) Drivers side door mirror being replaced (it was kicked off by some scrote a couple of months ago)
8) Pulling to the left when driving on flat road / motorway
9) occasional 'crunch / notch' if turn steering wheel while car is stationary.

I hope the bill isn't going to be too big :(

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
It will be!, let me know how they cure pulling to the left please, mine pulls right, had the tracking double checked, seen the guages myself n its spot on but still pulls, cheers.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
1. No probs
2. Easy fix
3. Dunno
4. Just a loose connection of one of the tubes I'd guess
5. Do they need changing?
6. "They all do that, sir". Honest.
7. Fair enough
8. Tracking/wheel balancing?
9. Dunno

I think that's all OK Alex, nothing too much to be concerned about.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well your po115 code means the coolant temp sensor circuit is malfunctioning which may be the reason your temp gauge reads nothing ;)
Maybe loose wiring or fauty sender unit.
As for your tracking ensure you have four wheel alignment check done instead of a two wheel as the rear toe in out can be adjusted also, if it is out it does not matter if the front wheels are correct as the cars thrust line moves it to the left or right.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys.
I'll keep posted on what the garage reports back.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, got the car back on Friday. Just to close off the thread here's the work that was carried out:
1) Service is due. (Thankfully not cam belts!)
- New filters, oil, plugs etc.
2) Temp running very low when on the move (sitting below the 50 mark!) I think thermostat
3) Engine management light reporting error code P0115
New thermostat, coolant temp sensor fitted
4) Washers are only squirting a mere dribble
- Resevoir & washers cleaned out.
5) Rear brake discs pitted and pads worn
- New pads and discs fitted.
6) Advisory on handbrake at MOT
Handbrake adjusted.
7) Drivers side door mirror being replaced (it was kicked off by some scrote a couple of months ago)
- New door mirror fitted.
8) Pulling to the left when driving on flat road / motorway
9) occasional 'crunch / notch' if turn steering wheel while car is stationary.
- Slow puncture I hadn't noticed and tracking 8mm out. Fixed and tracking reset.

- Also there was a lot of debris in the ventilation system which was causing vibrations. This has been cleared out too.

Not had a chance to take it on a big run yet but all seemed well on the way home from the garage.

They also mentioned that there is a very slight rumbling from a wheel bearing, however because it is slight the only way of finding out which one it is would require a fair amount of stripping and checking. He suggested letting the rumble develop and then it should be easier to diagnose. - Any ideas on this one gratefully received. :thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts