Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gtv dipped beam headlights are useless like most gtv's it seems. Tried an upgraded bulb but little better. Got a hids4u kit and a little better. Was told there could be a voltage drop at the bulbs but there is 13.8 volts at the bulbs under load so there is no voltage drop. The lens is clean with no discolouration. Is there any way of improving the dipped beam headlights apart from v expensive hids? What about relays and a higher wattage bulb? Any ideas.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,340 Posts
Fitting Relays ? Nope, nothing to do with these as they are already fitted and as you have the full Voltage at the lights they are fine.

Don't put higher Wattage Bulbs in either, you could end up with the wiring burning out.

Most people find that fitting Extra Light Bulbs improves things a lot. I fitted some Rings in mine and it made a big difference. Other people have used Phillips and Halfords bulbs with good results.

HIDS seem to work well and there has been a LOT of discussion about these, do a Search to see what I mean.

Some people have also removed the Glass from the Headlight Units and given them a good clean on the inside, again a Search will tell you more about this.

Lastly if you have fitted " Non Branded " Bulbs from sources like eBay this may be your problem, these are all useless as I found out, had to stop the Car to get out and look to see if the Lights were actually " ON ".....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts