Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my head gasket has just blown ,so selling it,its a 2.o ts, in silver, vgc cond in and out, driver seat worn ,hasnt got ac,its on a r reg 72.000 miles im the second owner, its got the boot spoiler later wheels, sills and bottom of bumpers colour coded, center of dash painted silver, mot,ed ,taxed, or any one want to repair it for me , cheers mark 01277 366195 ask for mark,or message me,

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Head gasket is an easy fix, you will need the head skimmed though £45 -£70 but you can buy a 2nd hand head for little more, so gasket (aftermarket) £25.20 and 2nd hand head £100-150 and a days work and you should be good to go?(With cambelt replaced added) What has caused your gasket failure though? radiator, waterpump?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mark, what's the rest of the engine condition like ?
I blew a head gasket last year because unknown to me, the previous owner just kept filling with pure water and it ate into the ally block/head.
Unfortunately for me, having had it all fixed, I had a major oil "issue" on the M45 so I'm considering an engine (or engine/gearbox) replacement.

What sort of money are you looking for ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
price

hi,e ngine was spot on before before head gasket,it really pulled well had the cambelts replaced at 40 th,oil changed every 4000 miles,didnt burn any oil what so ever , slight leek from rocker cover gasket,im after £500 ovno,im in ongar essex .car needs to be toed away,ive owned this car for eleven yrs,its only let me down once due to the alarm,part of the family

1 - 4 of 4 Posts