Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone know a supplier for gtv exhausts in Ireland?

Paul in Lee suggested getting a stainless one from the UK.

Firststop in Togher suggested a Main Dealer.......

Paul says the exhaust is Blowing which would explain the different noise I thought she was making before I dropped her in for the service, and he did say before Christmas that the middle box was close to being shot.

So, before I spend my money overseas, does anyone here have any leads on getting a stainless ( not loud! ) exhaust here or at least getting a standard one at a reasonable rate?

Cheers.

Ned.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You could try Souhans in Trim - Manufacturers of Exhausts - Exhausts in Meath - Trim (Meath) - Souhan`s Garage

Although I have a PH1 Spider and that has a Powerflow Stainless exhaust on it from when I bought it and I would recommend one just for the exhaust note under acceleration :thumbs:

At the very least Souhans might have an idea who could make you up a middle box around your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I was going to suggest Souhans as well. I've never had any dealings with them but I was researching a stainless backbox for the GT and Souhans seems to be the recommended agents for the job :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Pendragonfalls and fluffyduff on here have both used them.

They come highly recomended, I've seen their work and the fit and finish is fantastic.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
When the ehhaust on mine needed to be done Gerry in TI replaced mine with a third party one and I have to say I love it. Not loud, very similar to the original, and very well priced. I'll get the name for you its like ripspeed or something best thing was that the tail pipe was the right shape.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all,

I'll give Gerry and Souhans a call as see what's what.

I appreciate the info.

Cheerio,

Ned.

P.s. What are the Chances of the Powersteering in the Alfa and in the SAAB going pearshaped within a fortnight of each other - Doh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts