Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking around for a GTV, and have seen two without the [2.0 T Spark] badge on the boot. Interestingly both cars were silver.

Can anyone tell me if Alfa left the badges off some editions, or as seems more likely, they've been mucked about by their owners?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yep all the GTV's came from the factory with their badges. I just bought a rosso red 2002 GTV TS and the PO de-badged it which I actually quite like in the flesh. Never really liked the look of it online but in person it actually looks really clean and elegant. He has given me the badges in case I ever want to put them back on but I honestly think I'll leave them off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Car owners who remove their badges displaying engine size is usually drivers with small engines. Equally - Talk about it being "elegant" is like when 2.0 TS-owners feel a need to motivate them buying the 2.0 TS sayin' it's more nimble on the road since it is lighter than the V6-range.

Just sayin'.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Car owners who remove their badges displaying engine size is usually drivers with small engines. Equally - Talk about it being "elegant" is like when 2.0 TS-owners feel a need to motivate them buying the 2.0 TS sayin' it's more nimble on the road since it is lighter than the V6-range.

Just sayin'.
Fair point and I generally agree with you.

The main reason I won't put them back on is simply because I can't be arsed haha. I'm not really fussed about the TS vs V6 thing. Obviously I would prefer a V6 but the savings in purchase price, fuel costs and insurance kind of nullifies the overall desire for the V6 (I'm a student hence I'm poor xD). Maybe one day I will get a V6 but for now I'm happy with the little TS unit. Enough there for me to have some fun and it still sounds fantastic for a little 4 cylinder. Not to mention a rosso GTV really does turn heads :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
All cars came off the production line with some rear badges.
Yep all the GTV's came from the factory with their badges.
Not strictly speaking true, my car came without badges as the original owner requested they not be fitted.

I am the second owner and added the badges myself. Ironically I am now contemplating removing them

Cheers
MC

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Still true. That just means the dealer would have removed them.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Phase 2 spiders didn't come with the ts badging...thought the gtvs were the same post 2000
Don't know where you got that from but it's not true.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts