Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have recently bought a GTV and unfortunately don't have an owners manual. Could any alfa owners out there help me with a dashboard query? Just above the oil light there is a symbol which has only just lit up and I don't know what it means. It is long in shape with sparks coming out at the end. Should I be worried? Any help appreciated..thanks, Sam Q.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Hi Sam Q, welcome to AO :)

Maybe the light is to tell you to light some fireworks to celebrate getting a GTV? ;)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

Post your problem in the GTV lounge dude and you get an answer there I'm sure !! ;)

·
Registered
Brera '08 JTDM SV
231 Posts
Sam,

Welcome aboard. It sounds like the injection system warning light. It normally comes on for a few seconds when you first start up so don't worry unless its lit up all the time. Do a search on the GTV section where you should find numerous related posts, including possible faults and how to re set.

Attached should be a PDF file of the idiot lights for post 98 cars in case its any use.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you SO much for the pdf Neilly...yes you're right it is the injection fault symbol. Great help. Sam

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sam, I have GTV workshop manual on disc, tells you everything you need to know. With this you can strip your gtv down to nuts and bolts and rebuild. I can give you a copy if you like?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Gazza,
You star, yes I'd love a copy of the manual...seems my car needs weekly attention to some thing or other- so a manual would really help. Sam

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sam, check your water level. I had an intermitant leak on my GTV, which made the injector light come on...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts