Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while ago in the Cup List thread, but thought I ought to refresh my post, and perhaps put it on its own thread.

I have been alfa-less since my poor 156 had to go, but am now in the happy position of having an empty garage and the cash to buy a weekend car.

After a great deal of thought I have decided that what I would really like is a GTV Cup, and if you have one and are thinking of selling, or know somebody who does/might, then please do PM me to get in touch.

I am looking for a Cup with <100k miles on the clock, preferably well under that. Some mechanical or body work is ok if reflected in the price, but a better condition car would be welcome.

Best,

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Their for sale pages are way out of date...years even!

The OP hasn't stated his budget, always helpful to do so.

Clive
I don't know why businesses have websites that they don't bother to update or monitor. It's very frustrating when you enquire about something and don't get any reply.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All,

Thanks for your very helpful comments.

I did contact Jamie Porter regarding those for sale on his site a couple of months ago, and yes, they are old (of varying ages). Shame as they both looked of interest! I agree entirely with the above on that one.

No.020 is both the car currently on eBay (advertising it's auction tomorrow) and is also the Brooklands Auction car... I did think long and hard about that, but decided it wasn't the car for me.

Budget wise, well it depends on the car, and it is sometimes awkward to put a figure down without knowing what people want for individual examples based on condition, milage etc, but I would consider cars at all values up to those I've seen them sell for to date. Budget isn't so much the issue, as finding the right car for the right money!

Thanks again for all of your helpful comments, and please keep them coming. Being (finally) in the position to look for my dream car is exciting!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Whats up with the seats in that? They have a strip of leather across the base? Also has extra badges on the boot and are the wheels too bright?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
And those were some of the very points that did loom large in my decision making process regarding going to the auction.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
That's the only thing I don't like about Cups, the seats. Momo leather is far more stylish imho. I noticed the leather strip across the seat, which I thought looked odd, maybe they ripped or an owner wanted to make them different???

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I saw it yesterday when I went to collect a car, it looked very nice, the paintwork was in excellent condition and the seats looked fine with the strip of leather. Very clean all round. That price includes the buyers commission at 10% or 11% if you bid online. Probably sold at around £7600.
There were some beautiful cars in the sale. I got chatting with a nice guy who had a Coventry green T.S. That's a rare colour. The seller pays £230+vat to enter and 10% commission on the sale. That will cost them over a grand, in reality about £6550 for the car. I would have thought they could have got more for it selling privately???

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was speaking to someone yesterday who unbeknown to me was at the auction. We got talking about cars (He has 31 Alfas) When I mentioned I had a Cup he then told me about a Cup that just went for 10K at an auction, so I assume it's this one.

I was a bit surprised, but then again having just had to sell my Brother in Laws collection and doing research before I sold them, I was shocked at how much money good examples of slightly older cars are going for.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks,

I have been in communication with the seller over the last few days, agreed a price and to go and see it this weekend, and then, sadly for me, he decided he didn't want to sell afterall!

So I am still searching...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts