Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my Cup has a common problem after doing some searching here. After years, a very many owners and miles the driver's seat upper left backrest falls back unevenly, as if there is a seat frame weld that has failed. It makes driving it any distance bleedin uncomfortable. I’d like to understand from others whether it sounds repairable and whether anyone has experience of someone who can strip the upholstery, refurbish the leather bolsters (foam is good but leather old) and also fix the seat frame (or be able to deal with whatever the fault is if it is not that).

The other option could be securing a regular leather GTV driver’s seat from and reupholstering that using the Cup upholstery. Either way it’s not something I am capable of!

I’m in High Wycombe if anyone can recommend someone who might be able to do this?

Edit - picture added because we all like pictures lol

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Its almost certainly repairable. I've stripped the seats a couple of times in my 916s for various reasons, its not particularly difficult at all. Leather panels can be repaired and/or replaced by good automotive upholsterers, and I'm sure most will know somebody who could weld a broken support too. Of course you'll only find the problem once its stripped, it could just be collapsed foam, which is also replaceable. A quick Google search shows couple of car seat repairers in your area, but I'll leave it to somebody else to give recommendations.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its almost certainly repairable. I've stripped the seats a couple of times in my 916s for various reasons, its not particularly difficult at all. Leather panels can be repaired and/or replaced by good automotive upholsterers, and I'm sure most will know somebody who could weld a broken support too. Of course you'll only find the problem once its stripped, it could just be collapsed foam, which is also replaceable. A quick Google search shows couple of car seat repairers in your area, but I'll leave it to somebody else to give recommendations.
Thanks..... hoping that someone has a recommendation as that’s so much more reassuring than googling

1 - 3 of 3 Posts