Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone point me in the direction of the reverse switch on a 2002 Alfa GTV (Cup). I have no reverse lights and the connections, bulbs and fuse all seem in good working order.

It would save me some time if someone could tell me where its located and how to get to it ?

Thanks
Chris.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi , there is a reverse switch located underneath car on gearbox casing i believe, mine went to causing them not to work !

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yep. Switch is on the gearbox, new switch is around £15 and will take a garage 15 mins to fit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

Is this something you could get to with the car on low entry ramps, or does it need to be on a garage lift ?

What was the total cost including labour ? If anyone has a photo of its location it would also save me time.

Thanks for your responses.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
No lift needed. My guys (this was back in summer 2004) had a long, thin soldering iron/stick, and did it all from the engine bay IIRC. Can't help with exact location, but I only got charged £25 labour as it it took 15 mins.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Guys,

Just to update ...

I have managed to sort it. Once i replaced the reverse switch, all started working. For anyone else having this problem on the GTV, the reverse switch can be found and replace under the bonnet (no need to ramps or anything).

It is located just underneath the main air inlet pipe, on top of the gearbox. You may want to remove the front section of the air inlet pipe to ease access.

Cheers

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts