Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there people just bought a gtv cup unfortunately it needs a bit of a fix it requires a front bumper bonnet and front nearside hub and arm and allround glass can anyone help :thumbs: i got it from ebay its got lots of press history will be trying to get in touch with all the previuos owners i was told by the salvage chap the previous owner frequents the forum hope i bump in to him or her .this is my first gtv cup . ihave a 156 gta replica and a 166 2.5 and did haver a gtv 2.0 jts on a 04 facelift but me lady friend loved it so now its hers . hence i wanted a gtv for meself so thought go for the dogs ******** a cup wish me luck with the repair and could do with some help with the parts please ring me on 07732527826 taz

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Takes a DEEP breath after reading that one... phew!! Great to hear your restoring a Cup. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I think we saw that one on eBay. It looked like it needed a lot of work.

Good luck with it all, if you need any help be sure to post up on here.

(By the way, probably not a good idea to put your phone number up on a public forum.)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Was that the Cup with the smashed rear window?

Looked like it was going to cost plenty to fix up, are you in the trade or have contacts to get things done at cost price etc?

G

·
The rear glass costs in excess of £300,my mate had his broken. It had to come from Italy,took 3 weeks :eek:
I think I would break an older TS for the parts,it'd be miles cheaper than sourcing bits from all over.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
The rear glass costs in excess of £300,my mate had his broken. It had to come from Italy,took 3 weeks :eek:
I think I would break an older TS for the parts,it'd be miles cheaper than sourcing bits from all over.
Good suggestion, break a lower specced one !

·
Registered
999 Posts
G

·
As for the glass insure the car wait a little while then get autoglass or whoever through the insurance - only cost you the excess

·
Premium Member
7,045 Posts
As for the glass insure the car wait a little while then get autoglass or whoever through the insurance - only cost you the excess
Andrew that would be fraud, we can’t have that now can we?

Taz, I spoke to you today about the parts, I didn’t know you needed the glass, I have a really good glass guy that can take the glass out of one of the GTV we are breaking and fit it into your GTV.

Ned

G

·
Andrew that would be fraud, we can’t have that now can we?

Taz, I spoke to you today about the parts, I didn’t know you needed the glass, I have a really good glass guy that can take the glass out of one of the GTV we are breaking and fit it into your GTV.

Ned
only if they found out :cheese:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
try ebay for some parts, i have used justalfaspares in or near liverpool and alfa city somewhere near brum, both advertise on ebay first ones a little cheaper

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
there was a guy selling bits on Ebay a while back who produced moulded GTV front bumper with the zender "Cup" splitter integrated.

as zender are now not selling anything, might be worth investigating

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
there was a guy selling bits on Ebay a while back who produced moulded GTV front bumper with the zender "Cup" splitter integrated.

as zender are now not selling anything, might be worth investigating

yeah he had all the kit but i can't find him now. there is an old link here somewhere but not sure you could get the seller info from it??

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
says in the ebay ad that someone swipped the ltd ed badge from the dash.

found thispartsworld cup plaque

sorry pics to big to post but check the link.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Bloody hell! I didn't know you could get the plaques! That makes it very easy for Cup forgeries. All you would need to do with that is get the number engraved.

Remember kids, if it doesn't have 'Cup' on the V5 it's not a Cup.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
was thinking of dropping the link to spider cup chap!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts