Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just savings another car that we all appreciate on this forum, over the last 4 months have been refurbishing the car with the helpful reading from all your advice on this forum, the car had been stored for a year or so until I read up about what to look for and what to expect.
new suspension (koni orange) all round, brakes refurbished, wheel arches all made good (n/s small amount of rust cut out and made good) sills, floor pan strip and re-painted in stone chip, inside floor under seats removed corrosion and reformed metal and made good, engine bay cleaned up, new air filter housing,new top engine stabilizer bush,major service, new oil cooler,rubber bushes replaced where required rear end , just in spray shop should have it back in 10 days

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just savings another car that we all appreciate on this forum, over the last 4 months have been refurbishing the car with the helpful reading from all your advice on this forum, the car had been stored for a year or so until I read up about what to look for and what to expect.
new suspension (koni orange) all round, brakes refurbished, wheel arches all made good (n/s small amount of rust cut out and made good) sills, floor pan strip and re-painted in stone chip, inside floor under seats removed corrosion and reformed metal and made good, engine bay cleaned up, new air filter housing,new top engine stabilizer bush,major service, new oil cooler,rubber bushes replaced where required rear end , just in spray shop should have it back in 10 days
Where abouts in Lancashire are you ?
I'm in Chorley, where are you getting the body work done or are you doing it yourself ?
Will look stunning :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where abouts in Lancashire are you ?
I'm in Chorley, where are you getting the body work done or are you doing it yourself ?
Will look stunning :thumbup:
Hi I am in southport and the car has had work completed at Wilson & Healy and seen a lot of classic cars in there garage that had work at masters on hart street southport.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Looks lovely, shame to spray it red though
You know you'd like to paint it in something else, but it's if you sell it and it ain't Red, could be a serious issue to the value.

It would be nice in Bianco White, with a set of Alfaholics Recaro's trimmed in Tan, rip out the back seats and finish it as a luggage area, fully carpeted to match and Tan leather luggage straps.

Doubt anyone would be brave enough :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First day of rebuilding

Picked up car and started to put back together,locks door mirrors fitted and airal,tomorrow's job fit new oil cooler and reassemble front bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Any news on your progress Paul? Like to see what the car looks like now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any news on your progress Paul? Like to see what the car looks like now.
Hi just back from working away,the car is all together passed m.o.t. Last month,Reset all engine faults airbag ect fitted new radio and arial,plus the expensive gromit for it,going back to paint shop for final buff this Friday (bumpers skirts) ,sent the grill and gtv badge away for re-Chromed to invictacvac ,opened the box today and found that the parts look like they had been painted poorly they Don't look like Chrome as the website suggested gutted so now are scrap,spoke to the owner today he said he was retired and shutting shop ,the only reason I sent them was the grill had one stone chip ,and he has done parts for Triumph Stag owners.
Parts required to complete are the above front grill and gtv badge ,boot rubber seal as mine is damaged ,the center console has a mark on it ,will put a picture up when all badges are on,thanks for the instrest ,now spend the next three weeks looking for the parts.
Ps will fit sports exhaust cyber box or pipewerx haven't made a decision yet.
Cheers Paul

·
Registered
481 Posts
I saw a used grill for sale on the Alfabook for sale page on Facebook
The seal I saw someone selling it on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts