Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my GTV after the battery going flat over xmas.

I havent the master key, thought the red one was one when I bought it, so the code light is not going out.

I would like to send the ECU and Code box off if possible and have the immobiliser code taken off completely and then just add a decent reliable aftermarket alarm.

Someone on the GTV's thread said someone with a 155 had done it...

Is that you?

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
i think the company was called 'All Car Electrics' but it was years ago...., try that and if you need further info let me know

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have fitted a new battery, disconected the code box for a minute and then connected.

Still no joy...the over ride emergency code isnt working either. I will check the fuses in case I blew one trying to start.

Something isnt right.

Its the only thing thats given me grief and I will always have that feeling " is it going to start" which I dont like.

G

·
0 Posts
fletch said:
doesnt the squadra power chips do away with the immobiliser ? not sure so ask about.
No sorry, the code system disables the ECU, no mapped chip will help with this

if a new battery wont sort it, some people recon holding the + and - of the battery togther will work.. but we spent 3 weeks trying everything on my 16v with no joy... just had to get my ecu wiped of the code system in the end, been like that 3 years now, if i remember right it cost £186 to have it done

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed a couple of the power chip supliers about removing the code but they said it was just for power enhancment and the code would still be needed.

ECU doctor have said to send it in and they will see, dont know what to do at the mo but thanks for all your input and help.

Other than the code messing up its been a good reliable car.

Ill keep you posted of what happens

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys, I am trying to help a friend of mine with his GTV flat battery problem. I have read dozens of articles in the web and finally registered here in order to find a solution and know a bit more about this car. Anyway, he had a flat battery around 4 weeks ago. The recovery service couldn't start the car and took it to the Alfa Dealer. The Alfa is telling us that there is a problem with the code reader and therefore they need the Brown key to re-program the keys etc. The thing is we don't have the master key and not willing to pay £1000+ which sounds rediculous anyway in order to replace the full lockset, code reader, aerial etc. Another Alfa Dealer said that if I disconnect the code reader for 1 minute and then connect it again everything should work in 90% of the cases. Does anybody know how to get to the code reader and disconnect it? Do I have to remove some sort of cover near the ignition lock? Does anybody had a diagram that shows how to do this? I suppose is definitely worth trying this before proceeding to the next steps...remove the ECU and send it of for code removal, which seems to me the most logical thing to do for a 10year old GTV that doesn't worth more than £2,000. Thanks in advance for any advice on the code reader removal. Michael.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts