Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GTV breathing issues and worn bushes under chassis

Hey guys.

My gtv has a broken MAF and a split pipe on the air intake.

I was thinking of just changing the hole air intake system for an induction kit inc panel filter. It's a 96 2.0 TS

Any thoughts and suggestions on induction kits?

Also, I have a photo a few posts down, can anyone name the part in the photo?

Cheers

G

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Hi Gee, i have a mint condition P1 pipe from throttle body, the corrugated bit, infact i have a mint condition P1 Inlet system right from Airfilter box to the Throttle body.:)

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Hi Gee,

i have just realised that you are a new member and cannot receive pm's yet! I do have a MAF but its 2nd hand, you will just need the clips from your existing induction (4 in total) that link the pipes together.

Post up your email and ill send you a few pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you name this part..will fail MOT

Sorry, this is off topic but this was pointed out to me and will the MOT

can you name the part in the picture, its a brace or support for the chassis and the rubber bushes have perished and there is a lot of movement if you pull it. just need to know what its called so I can buy a new pair.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Its a 'front support strut', there is a passenger and drivers side. They are £50 a pop new!:eek:

There should be no movement at all, Flex Yes but movement NO! try tightening the nuts with a large breaker bar.
PS: That one you have pictured looks absolutely fine, just take a wire brush on a drill and a tin of black hamerite. Its usually the Drivers side that rots in the UK, i have not seen the passenger side rot here in the UK?

·
Registered
204 Posts
These bracing struts were put on the early GTV`s but omitted from the later models. You can remove them completely as I did when the bushes in mine wore out to no ill effect, in fact I`d be amazed if you feel any difference at all. You are saving weight as well remember.

PJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts