Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just joined this forum on a recommendation and looked though, god love the internet, where has this forum been, should have looked many years ago

I have an Alfa GTV V6 that has a braking problem, ie, not as powerful as the engine, i am looking at putting brakes on it to help their performance, I have looked on Demon Tweeks and there is a set of crossed drilled discs and pads.for a reasonable price, however i wondered if this is a common problem or a recommendation on a disc brake set.

Any suggestions welcome

Many Thanks

Luke

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Crikey, what are you using the car for, the brakes on the V6 seem pretty large and effective to me?? ( on second thoughts maybe I'm just a scardypuss).

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Do you have an early GTV V6 with basic brakes, or a later GTV V6 with the Brembo front brakes?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'd have to look, the calipers are pink if that's any guidance! (back yet again to the subject of tarts)

A

·
0 Posts
If the brakes dont feel great first step is to fit braided hoses. This should get rid of the spongy feel.
Other people have fitted tarox discs which i have heard give a massive improvement.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I'm going for goodridge brake lines and EBC drilled and grooved with EBC red stuff.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Freddie Ferodo's DS2500 pads will sort it, if you fit braided hoses too.

The discs are less important to the process... but I have Red Dot and they're pretty ferocious with the DS2500's on them.

Ralf S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts