Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is going to sound silly but.......

I picked up my 99T GTV and I LOVE IT!!!!!

But how do i get in the boot without the key????

My 156 had a lever to pop the boot???

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Wacaday said:
I know this is going to sound silly but.......

I picked up my 99T GTV and I LOVE IT!!!!!

But how do i get in the boot without the key????

My 156 had a lever to pop the boot???

in the 02 version Its in the glove compartment...a little button

not sure about a 99

Chris

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
In the glove box, at the right-hand-side there's a little button pointing downwards. It's either a security thing so there's no visible way to open the boot, or they forgot about it until the day before the car was launched and had to stuff it in somewhere...

H

·
0 Posts
All correct :D

Another point to remember is there should be a little string on the right hand side of the boot pull this as it is the emergency filler release incase the solenoid sticks found that dead handy on a number of occasions when I had my 98 GTV.

And one more point to note the boot will not open with the igntion on
This is a real pain in the bum when picking someone up who want's to put a bag in the boot :(

Better just to use the back seats for what they were intended

LUGGAGE :cheese:

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
HM

I suppose this is to stop a numpty passenger pressing it while you hurtling down the M-Way at 100mph, and sending your luggage flying out the back :lol: :lol:

Chris

H

·
0 Posts
chrisd_b said:
HM

I suppose this is to stop a numpty passenger pressing it while you hurtling down the M-Way at 100mph, and sending your luggage flying out the back :lol: :lol:

Chris
:rolleyes: Only 100mph not in a V6 :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Jamie your welcome

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
happy man said:
:rolleyes: Only 100mph not in a V6 :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Jamie your welcome

Sometimes the other half watches over my shoulders when I am on this board...

Therefore I have only taken the GTV up to 100mph....:lol: :lol:

Chris

W

·
0 Posts
I was aware of the string in the boot for the filler cap, had the same set up in a 156, but my y2k GTV has no string and nothing visible even with the covers stripped out. I can see right down to the filler and there is no evidence of any mechanism at all. I had no need to investigate on the 156 as it was there and working, so other than a bit of string I don't know what to look for.

I am assuming that they should all have this feature, does anybody know anything to the contrary? Or could advise on the normal set up and what's required (besides string!).

Cheers.

H

·
0 Posts
Only ever seen the string :( on both P1 & P2's

Helps in cold weather some times the solenoid sticks never seen or heard of an alternative :(

R

·
0 Posts
Not sure how the mechanism works exactly, but I assume your bit of string has been pulled off, try main dealers for a new one

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
jamieboy said:
In the glove box, at the right-hand-side there's a little button pointing downwards. It's either a security thing so there's no visible way to open the boot, or they forgot about it until the day before the car was launched and had to stuff it in somewhere...
Surely it's there so Spider owners can lock the glovebox and have the boot secure when parking with the roof left open.
MX5s have boot release in a non-lockable cubby hole - seems very stupid to me...!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts