Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nice new 2000 GTV is giving me grief. I bought it last saturday, took it to Kwik Fit who refilled the non-functioning AC circuit. It worked a treat, really cold air. Lovely in the hot weather. I parked it in the garage for the week, got it out yesterday, the AC was mildly cold, but not icy as last saturday, and today, the compressor kicks in, but no cold air at all!

There is a faint hiss from the dash when the AC is on.

Anyone had any experience of AC systems on GTVs with issues like these.

I assume it is leaking somewhere! But where??

The machine they use at Kwik Fit does a pressure leak test, it came up as okay. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Andy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Andy

I live in Huntingdon and have a GTV cup I took my car to Kempston Radiators at Kempston in Bedford Tel No 01234 852073. I found them to be top blokes really knew the lot don,t go there on a Saturdays as they are always very busy with re gases, better to go in the week when they are quieter. they have all the correct equipment for repairing broken pipes etc with the crimping tools for the pipes etc It will take you about 45minutes to get there. down the A1 to the black cat roundabout turn right for Bedford and Kempston they are just off the main road on the Woburn road Industrial est Mk 42 7 BY

Mick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that m.tuohy, will probably look into it.

I'm seriously thinking about ripping the dash out and trying to find the leak myself. As the GTV is a second car, it won't matter if it is in bits for a while!

Although, taking the dash out will probably end up with it squeaking forever!

Will give Kempston a bell next week for a chat!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Andy

Before you rip out the dash I would let them check it for a leak they fire in a dye which shows up where the leak is very clever. It could save you a lot of work there costs are quite reasonable. I visited them about two years and from memory I don,t think they charge to fire the dye in to check for a leak.

Mick

·
Registered
77 Posts
Check also the hot-cold valve that is attached upon the heater matrix.This is a plastic made item which deteriorates and allows small quantities of hot water to escape and warms finally your 'cold' air.You better change it every year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts