Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me please if my current 16" (standard 15 hole) wheels can be changed with a friends 16" (5 cup) wheels from his 156 ?

Im under the impression that all wheels are fairly interchangeable without spacers etc but would wanna clarify with the experts before i buy them .... £150 a good price ?

May as well also ask whilst im here ... Do 17" ers go straight on too without troubling the arches etc?

Cheers fellas

H

·
0 Posts
Should think the 17" would go straight on as 17" is standard on the V6

don't know about swapping from a 156 :(

R

·
0 Posts
You do need spacers when switching wheels between the 156 and the GTV if I remember correctly, but I can't remember which way round (ie. do you need them when fitting GTV wheels to a 156, or t'other way round).

They should fit fine, but I think they look a bit peculiar, they look as if they're set too far back into the arch. I'm sure now I think about it that you will need spacers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I assume your lack of response re the price means he aint that good a mate after all .... :D

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Price seems good if wheels are ok!
But you'll need 10mm spacers, and i dont recomend buying universal ones as they can cause wobbling.
I fitted 147 17" wheels and bought Eibach 10mm spacers for about £110.....which puts the price of the cheap second hand wheels up!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Berlimee, an extra £110 for four jumped up bloody washers !? ..... youre right, that does need a little thought ..... thanks for that info P, and for handing me a dilemma .. ;)

Where did you source yours from P ?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Are you sure the 16" GTV have an offset of about 30mm?

I know the 17" Cup wheels do but maybe the 16" are 35-40mm. The standard 156 wheels have an offset of 41mm hence the need for 10mm spacers to bring them to the 30mm offset.

Normally the offset is stamped inside the wheel

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Pascs said:
Are you sure the 16" GTV have an offset of about 30mm?

I know the 17" Cup wheels do but maybe the 16" are 35-40mm. The standard 156 wheels have an offset of 41mm hence the need for 10mm spacers to bring them to the 30mm offset.

Normally the offset is stamped inside the wheel
Yeah my phase 2 16's were ET31, and the 147 17's are ET41 like the 156.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can i still utilise my existing wheel bolts or is 10mm too much addition ?

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
17" Cup wheels were only made for the GTV and have an offset of 30mm.

16" & 17" 156 wheels have an offset of 40mm.

The offset does not effect the thickness of the wheel mounting flange. Offset is only a measurement of distance to the mounting flange from the centre line of the wheel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers ed, from what the guys have said .... the 17" teles come as standard on gtv's (3ltr etc) but the 16" dont ... and thats why they need the spacers ...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi P. Ive just purchased 2 x sets of spacers (hopefully good quality) of 15mm each side for my 156 teledials .... as a previous fitter of spacers to a gtv mate, do you see any problems with the additional 2-3 mm each side ?

Ive had a look prior to purchase and really cant see that this minimal addition would cause a prob but your knowledge would be greatly welcome .....

Many thanks

Gtv Boy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts