Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

i drive a 1998 s reg 2.0 litre alfa romeo gtv and love every minute of it.But monday this week and over the last week the alfa has been cutting out and it wont idle correctly.The revs have been up and down and the fuel injector light is on.Also there is no power,i have been told it is a common fault on gtv alfas and it is the maf air flow sensor oem.I have sent for the part and at this moment im waiting for it to arrive.Please members could you let me know if you have experienced this before and if so was this part the problem.

Regards stephen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello steph. i have a 1986 gtv-6 and when i firs got the car i had the same problem, is a good posibility that your (maf) is bad but think about it if your maf was bad your car will not run at all. do your self a favor and check the cold start valve and your oxigen sensor, and airbox.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello to you,

thank you for your advice i will check this out.As i have already ordered the maf i will fit anyway and see what happens.But one thing about the airbox which is interesting is about a couple of months ago it had a service in which the air filter would have been changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello there everyone,

my non starting wont idle correctly alfa gtv is still not working after fitting a new maf air flow sensor oem.On start up it sounds to me its not firing on all cylinders.Also once you press down on the accelerator it cuts out.Previous to me fitting the maf it used to idle all over the place revs up and down and cutting out at traffic lights roundsabouts.Any ideas folks? im getting pretty down on this one ,:cry: im sure some of you have been here before.

Regards.

·
Registered
337 Posts
try a search this problem can be caused by a few things.chech your air hoses for rips,clean your butterfly valve.and there is a unit at the back of the throttle boby that can be unscrewed and cleaned thats was the problem with mine.clean everything before spending any money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts