Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm fairly new to GTV ownership, but have already gotten some practice adjusting windows. With the aid of information found searching this forum I like to think I've got the hang of it... mostly!

I started about 18 months ago with a 2.0TS and recently bought a V6... windows on the 'new' car are now nicely adjusted but for one remaining issue:

On the driver's side there remains a gap between the rear edge of the window and the seal in the door opening at the bottom end of the glass - Does that make sense? I could post a piccie if not.

The adjusters I'm aware of are at the top of the door (glass height), and the bottom of the door (glass angle). But I've not found any info on how to change the position the glass rises from the door - It seems I need the glass to rise further inboard than it does.

Is there a known answer to this issue?

Many thanks

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
On the driver's side there remains a gap between the rear edge of the window and the seal in the door opening at the bottom end of the glass - Does that make sense? I could post a piccie if not.

The adjusters I'm aware of are at the top of the door (glass height), and the bottom of the door (glass angle). But I've not found any info on how to change the position the glass rises from the door - It seems I need the glass to rise further inboard than it does.
If you lower the window and look through the big hole, you'll see two bolts attaching the glass to the regulator. They are a sloppy fit and when slackened allow the window to be adjusted front/back and in rotation. The rotation allows you to get the window trailing edge parallel to the 'B' pillar. The gap between the glass and the 'B' pillar should be 4mm.

See the workshop manual vol 2, section 70 ( and in particular item 1 in the first diagram on page 10/2 shows the adjustment bolts and page 10/7 shows you the 4mm gap between the glass and 'B' pillar.).

However, a note of caution. If your window stops aren't in exactly the right place, the window will hit one stop before the other which will cause the window to rotate and not be parallel to the 'B' pillar. So check the stops aren't rotating the window before making any adjustment to the glass relative to the regulator. The stops really have to be hit at exactly the same instant by the window.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I imagine if the window stops are loose in the bottom of the door, that could be a problem too. I hear a 'tinkle' sound when I brake or accelerate. I wonder if new stops can be fabricated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts